Your payment and personal information are always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
REFUND POLICY (Updated April 15, 2019):
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY POLICY:
Electronic delivery - Confirmations and Tickets will be sent immediately after purchase to the email entered during the ordering process.
Mail - Please be assured that your items will ship out within two days of purchase. We determine the most efficient shipping carrier for your order. The carriers that may be used are U.S. Postal Service (USPS), United Parcel Service (UPS) or FedEx. Sorry, but we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
SHIPPING AND HANDLING COSTS:
Electronic Delivery is free. Priority shipping via USPS, UPS, or FedEx is priced per event. Any cost will be listed clearly before checkout and must be acknowledged before purchase.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following email address:customerservice@Vallitix.com.
Information We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
- Personal Data:
Hosts: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to the Services, such as when you register for access to the Services as a Host, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys or use certain Services. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your name, address, email address and other personally identifiable information. In some cases we may collect your credit card information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.), some of which may constitute Personal Data, to secure certain payments. The credit card information you provide in your personal profile at sign-up is not stored by us, but instead is stored and used by our third party credit card processors in order for them to process payment that you owe third parties for services received by you.
Guests and Visitors: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to the Services (including event registration pages within the Services), such as when you register for access to the Services (whether as a Host or otherwise), register for an event as a Guest, contact us with inquiries, or respond to one of our surveys or use certain parts of the Services. The Personal Data we may collect includes without limitation your name, address, email address, zip code and other personally identifiable information. If you register for an event in which you pay, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.) some of which may constitute Personal Data.
Phishing: Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Vallitix. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Vallitix Account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website athttp://www.ftc.gov.
- Non-Personal Data: Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with the Services, we collect certain personally non-identifiable information ("Non-Personal Data"). The Non-Personal Data we collect includes without limitation to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, Internet browser type, other characteristics of your device and software, domain names of your Internet Service Provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of the Services, the time of your usage and aggregated Personal Data that cannot be used to specifically identify you. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot, in and of itself, be used to specifically identify you. We also collect Non- Personal Data (including, without limitation, of the type set forth above) from third parties. The information we collect from third parties may be combined with the information we collect.
Cookies and Other Session Identifiers: In operating the Services, we use a technology called "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that is placed on your browser when you access the Services. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Services and help us analyze Service usage more accurately. For instance, our Services may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Services without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit. These cookies may be used to tailor content (including advertising) you see on the Services as well as other Internet sites that you may visit in the future. Cookies may be session cookies (i.e., last only for one browser session) or persistent cookies (i.e., continue in your browser until they are deleted or expire). Through your web browser's option settings you may be able (i) to receive notifications when you are receiving new cookies, (ii) to disable cookies or (iii) to delete cookies. Please refer to your web browser's help section for information on how to do this. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they allow you to take advantage of some of the features of the Services.
We may use the Personal Data as follows:
- Specific Reason: If you provide Personal Data for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Data in connection with the reason for which it was provided. The credit card information you provide in your personal profile at sign-up is not stored by us, but instead is stored and used by our third-party credit card processors in order for them to process payment that you owe third parties for services received by you. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
- Access and Use: If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services or any functionality thereof, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services or functionality and to monitor your use of such Services or functionality. For instance, if you supply payment information (e.g., bank account or credit card information) to the Services for the purpose of funding an event by paying the Host, or processing payments as a Host, we will use that information to facilitate such purchase or process such payments.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes including without limitation to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
- Non-Personal Data: Because Non-Personal Data cannot be used to personally identify you, we may use such information for any lawful purpose.
Our Disclosure of Information That We Collect: 1. Personal Data: We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose, transfer or share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: We, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, ticket fulfillment, fraud prevention, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Data, in connection with their performance of such functions.
Legal Requirements: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (iii) to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (iv) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (v) to protect against legal liability.
- Non-Personal Data: Because Non-Personal Data cannot be used to personally identify you, we may disclose, transfer or share Non- Personal Data for any lawful purpose.
Your Choice: Limit the Personal Data You Provide: You can use the Services without providing any Personal Data or with limiting the Personal Data you provide. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data or limit the Personal Data you provide, you may not be able to use certain functionality of the Services. For instance, in order to open an account, or buy or sell tickets, your name and email address will be required.
Storage and Security: We may store Personal Data itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data via the Internet.
Other Terms and Conditions: Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service.
Access to Information: Hosts may access and update their Personal Data being stored by us by logging in and visiting their profile. Hosts may also contact us directly at the address specified below with respect to Personal Data that is not accessible through their profile. Guests and Visitors do not have a formal account with VALLITIX; however, you can create a formal account by signing up. After signing up, you can update and access your Personal Data on your profile. Guests and Visitors can also contact us directly with requests to update Personal Data at the address specified below. We will take reasonable steps to respond to requests relating to Personal Data within 30 days, however, we may reject requests that we find to be unreasonable (i.e., require disproportionate efforts or material changes to our information systems), impractical or abusive (i.e., repetitive requests, requests made in bad faith, requests that would compromise third party information). Note that you may not have access to or the ability to update Non-Personal Data, much of which is held in aggregate form.
Retention and Deletion: We may retain your Personal Data as long as you continue to use the Services. You may close your account by contacting us. However, we may retain Personal Data and Non-Personal Data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your Personal Data it may persist on backup or archival media and other information systems.
Dispute Resolution: If you have a complaint about VALLITIX's privacy practices you should email us at customer firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take reasonable steps to work with you to attempt to resolve your complaint.
ARRC Cyber Security and Network Managed Service MSP